Wednesday, December 5, 2012

refined driftwood and a sneak peek

a little sign of life....

so busy days over here, that i can hardly save time to
post about those things i spend my time on...(hmmm...)

did a refined version of driftwood lately
fingering weight yarn
fine stripes
more fitted
.....aaaand a little add on to the buttonband
(which i like the best!!)



yarn. kauni effect in col. EB
and kauni solid in col. HH3
needles. 3.5 mm [US 4] and 3.0 mm [US 2 1/2]
pattern. driftwood by (me.. hihihi)

hope to save some time over the holidays to write down
my adjustments, so everyone of you can make one too :)




the next sweater is already blocked, but no modeled pix yet, sorry!
worked the yoke bottom up;
did a provisional co of all yoke sts and worked from that point to top, then unravelled the provisional co and worked the
sweater topdown, to be sure the fit is as good as it should :))
placed the colourwork on the yoke and on the bottoms of the sleeves and the body, like this 
and i loooove it, just cannot take it off (LOL....i can!
cause there are sooo many sweaters to be worn in my closet)

also working on a little test for Jo
(simplicity at its best - a cardi with some colour details)
hope to be allowed to show it soon

stay calm and have bright days

isa k.




20 comments:

  1. Okropnie ładny! I love the colours !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it !!! Was thinking about knitting another one for myself, but now I think I'll wait for the adjustments !!!! :o)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the refined version of driftwood! It looks perfect! I can't wait! I think I'm going to have to hunt down some Kauni to make it in! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sweater, really ;o)
    I'm still on the first version,
    Looking forward to finish it and to try the new version to.
    Love the new detail at the buttonholes!
    ;o) Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooooooooooovely. I am absoutely impressed. Wish I could knit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice sweater. Will try to make one! Thank you for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love the little button detail! I have been wanting to make a henley for a bit now...think this will be the one! Looking forward to seeing those mods Isa...and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this new version!! Already made one driftwood, but will definitely want to knit this version too... love the narrow stripes of Kauni, and the cutest buttonband :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful new version! Can't wait to knit it! And the buttonband-detail is sooo cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ho!! yes I'm enjoy if you write a new version for driftwood ...I love it so!
    Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. tu es absolument géniale ! you understand I suppose! I can wait, of course for your so perfect drifwood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I was thinking of knitting a driftwood but after reading this post I think I better wait for your new version :D

    Do you have any date in mind for publishing your adjusment? ;)

    Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is beautiful - I have the Kauni yarns here waiting for your new version of driftwood :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please publish soon!!!!! Have been anxiously waiting for months! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this new version but can't find the pattern for it. Can you please help? It's simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this new version but can't find the pattern for it. Can you please help? It's simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this new version but can't find the pattern for it. Can you please help? It's simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this new version but can't find the pattern for it. Can you please help? It's simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete